June 16, 2015

Goodbye Glasses

"Glasses" by Daniele Pellati
Last night I was riding my bike and bugs rushed at my face. I spit them out. My face soon became sweaty as I was dodging bugs. In the midst of riding fast, my glasses flew off my face. In the dark, I couldn't see worth beans. I touched every weed hoping it was my glasses. My husband came and he searched for the glasses too. No luck.

I put in my contacts this morning, which I hate, but I only have 15 year old backup glasses. I can see 15 feet away clearly, but not beyond that. Maybe not even that.

In the morning, my husband looked around for 20 minutes. I checked separately with no luck. One person passed by and asked if I was okay. "I'm looking for my glasses." She said she'd tell me if she saw any. I know I looked funny because I was weaving from one side to another scanning the ground. Maybe I looked drunk.

Today, I went to an eye doctor and set up an appointment. I need glasses now! I wish I could afford Lasik, but I am going to see if I am a candidate. I would be worth it to me to have perfect vision again. Only been going blind for the past 20 years. I hope I get my new glasses soon.

2 comments:

  1. I just figure it was the Lord telling us to go get new glasses. We're both long past due for them anyway :)

    ReplyDelete