January 15, 2014

Do Not Fear What Man Can Do

Corrie ten Boom wrote the book The Hiding Place about her experience in the Resistance and in concentration camps during WW2. She feared for her life but knew God was in charge. We all experience the real fear someone might embarrass or hurt us, but we can know God is in charge. The only real thing to fear is turning wicked and losing our souls, not physical pain or death. We suffer or thrive sometimes because of others' decisions. But we choose who to look to during trials. Jesus calls us to him to succor us.

Do not fear what man can do
For I am with you.

I am your Guard
When the times get hard.

I am your Hiding Place
When you can’t face.

I am your Rock
To whom you can knock.

I am your Friend
Beyond this life’s end.

I am the One who died
So death could be defied.

I am the One:
Only Begotten Son.


"fear not..." Doctrine and Covenants 122:9; Psalm 27:1
Guard or shield- Psalm 3:3
Hiding Place or hid in Christ- Psalm 27:5; Colossians 3:3; D&C 86:9
Rock- Helaman 5:12; Matthew 7:24
Only Begotten- John 3:16


No comments:

Post a Comment