Heavenly Father weeps when two good people separate or divorce. He weeps seeing selfishness enter on either side. He weeps when lies and silence tear apart a family.
Husbands and wives create so many reasons to separate and divorce, but that energy would be better spent finding reasons to stay together. Here's my list:
1. You don't have to go back into the meat market of dating. (Believe me, that sobers me.)
2. You have a companion to help you through hard times.
3. You have a partner to raise your children.
4. You are in a better financial position.
5. You have someone who understands you even more than your mother.
6. You have someone who wants to forgive you (eventually).
7. You have a person to hug and kiss anytime.
8. You have someone who loves you despite your flaws.
Heavenly Fathers smiles when a husband and wife put aside their differences and work on loving each other. He knows that this brings so much more happiness.
Naturally, there are exceptions to the cases of divorce and separation. But the exceptions are few and far between. So often selfishness blinds us to seeing situations as they really are.