September 16, 2019

I Can't Type

It has been ten days since I wrote this and my brain was dead writing it. And my brain is still tired now that it is 9 pm writing.

I sliced off the tip of my my left index finger last Friday while chopping spinach. I was in shock not knowing how much of my finger was missing. My finger bled profusely into the sink. I called my oldest over. I asked him to call my husband. He took me to the urgent care. I wanted to swear at the doctor as the doctor cauterized the wound with silver nitrate.

Now I can't type worth beans. It's a major handicap.

It has limited me quite a bit. I am not even sure I want to try to change the typos because of the effort it will take. It is taking 3 times the effort to type than usual. I have a huge wad of gauze and Coban on the end of my finger.

I never realized how useful my finger was until I couldn't use it. It is really annoying in the shower. So really, I should be counting my blessings. Haha!

This happened at the same time that my son has been in a cast after a club foot surgery and needed carrying everywhere. Really poor timing.

It has had a few benefits. I tell my husband he can change all the poopy diapers. I need to keep the  bandage and wound clean.


No comments:

Post a Comment